Friday, February 13, 2009

I ♥ Faces~ Fix it Friday

Before
After





I took the picture in PSE and:

duplicated image twice~ changed the overlay to screen and the other one to soft light
(then I adjusted the opacity)

I saturated the eyes, then dodged (lightened) the iris, and unsharp mask

used an overlay of bokeh texture reduced the opacity to around 30 and used the lasso tool (feathered to 100) and removed the texture from the face.  then I changed the texture layer to soft light.

I duplicated the image again and changed it to B&W and reduced the opacity to around 50

and finally added a gradiant map in chocolate B&W and put that layer as hard light.

the brightness on the corner of hair ended up a bit blown out~ but I didn't have time to fiddle with it :)

Thanks!!  have a great weekend :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love your texture work, and everything you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I especially love the sparkly texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Beautiful! I love how light it is and I love the texture! Very nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your PSE edits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! Changing the background was a really creative twist on the picture. I'm going to have to go check out these things you mentioned in your directions. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness! I think your processing of this image is positively magical. So dreamy and wistful and fun and sparkly!!
    Someone at I Heart Faces was requesting fix-its done with PSE. I immediately put the link for YOUR fix it. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week ~ your enhanced photo turned out beautiful. I especially love the sparkly effect you accomplished in the background.

    ~Angie
    co-founder of I ♥ Faces

    ReplyDelete